Latest News: We are switching sites!
We've got great news for everyone coming to the 2007 Ozone Caribbean XC Challenge! After quite a bit of work, we have managed to arrange every little thing to make this possible: we are changing sites! Instead of running the XC Challenge at Vallejuelo in the southwest we will be holding the event in Casabito, in the middle of the country. Why are we so enthusiastic about this? I'm sure that all our returning visitors will agree on this... because:
- The takeoff is quite close from the comp’s headquarters.
- No four wheel drive required to get to takeoff, which means comfortable rides in big buses.
- Retrieve along a major highway that runs parallel to the mountain range.
- The site is only 2 hours from the airport.
- There is an alternate airport you could fly to: Santiago.
- GSM, CDMA and PCS cell phone coverage everywhere in the area.
And the flying is just as good!
The flying sites page has already been updated with info on the new site. The FAQs page will soon be updated with info on how to get there. Stay tuned!